Don’t You Want to Feel Confident About Your GRP Project?
How to get a guaranteed success of your pipeline field test even if the project is implemented in the roughest terrain
And then you may find yourself in a situation where the pipe manufacturer will suggest one thing, while the contractor will suggest just the opposite. And it is completely understandable that you should not have all the answers. You are managing the project and such specific questions should not be addressed to you. But unfortunately the final decision will be critical either to the economic final result or to the pipeline performance:
- If the backfill can be used and you don’t decide for it, the cost of installation will be much higher.
- On the contrary, if you decide to use the backfill material and it turns out that it is not appropriate, the pipeline will not pass the field test and the consequences will be serious.
Throughout all the years checking and correcting pipelines installation, I have come across another situation that causes many failures: the angular deflection.
Stories related to this issue are always very similar. The pipe manufacturer specifies the allowed angular deflection for pipes of various diameters and sometimes it happens that the requirements are not met.
Do you know what to say if the contractor asks you: “The theoretical angular deflection is not met. Should I disassemble the pipe and not meet the deadline or leave it as it is?” I have mostly seen 2 scenarios:
- I saw the pipeline completely damaged while the contractor tried to correct the angular deflection, although it was not really needed (the task to correct the deflection is very difficult and may damage the pipe).
- In some other cases, I found out that the angular deflection was not corrected and the final result was a pipeline explosion.
But make no mistake. If you turn to the parties involved in the project for advice, you have to be aware that each of them will act in their best interest. Thus, supervisors of each party will provide you with a different answer and you will be even more confused.
Why does this happen?
This situation is very common because
However, there is a shortcut to guaranteed success even if the project is technically demanding, far away from your office and implemented in the roughest terrain.
iF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK WITH ME ABOUT YOUR FILAMENT WINDING PIPELINE PROJECT YOU ONLY NEED TO CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND HAVE 30 MIN FREE CONFERENCE CALL WITH ME
If you read this article to the end, I will reveal to you how to proceed and be sure at all times that you are on the right track.
Right from the beginning, you need to include 3 milestones in your plan:
- audit of the pipeline project by an independent GRP specialized company
- examination of GRP pipes prior to delivery and by a company that is specialized in the manufacturing technology
- involvement of a GRP pipeline supervisor from the day the pipes arrive on site (the first audit is done during the unloading)
But take care with the supervision services!
The task that a GRP independent supervisor must accomplish is very demanding, and it is not enough to have a lot of experience and knowledge about GRP pipes and installation.
The key to success is how the independent supervisor implements each small step that leads the project to guaranteed success.
The correct way to proceed is to analyze the complete process, from the manufacturing tolerances to the handling, from the engineering project to the installation and tests, and only then make the first move.
The biggest mistake? To get a supervisor that considers each stage separately.
When you get the right independent supervisor, you can finally relax. You will have the time to focus on the big picture and develop a clear strategy of the next move. Your profits will start soaring and you will know exactly what to do next and what your costs will be from day one.
In the end, you will know that the pipeline was installed properly, that there won’t be any unexpected troubles and complaints, and that you will be able to move on to other projects.
Do you want to get a guaranteed success of your pipeline field test even if the project is implemented in the roughest terrain?
TO DISCUSS YOUR PROJECT WITH ME, YOU ONLY NEED TO CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW AND GET THE FIRST CONFERENCE CALL FOR FREE